Archive for July 2014
Have your wedding guests slip away to the beach with memories of your beach theme wedding reception. Use floating candles as your table centerpieces and decorate each with a scene from a tropical getaway.
With some creativity, your tables can be inspiring with beautiful and elegant beach designed candle centerpieces for the wedding reception.
Using several clear vases of different heights, arranged together will create a stunning centerpiece. Floating candles give a fresh and calming ambiance to any beach style wedding reception table.
- Add elements of a beach and or artificial tropical flowers suspended in the water beneath the floating candle.
- Use dark blue colored marbles glass beads or rocks with a hint of blue water with a floating candle to give the contrast of the beach or sea.
- Other beach related items to include inside the candle vases are coral, starfish, small sailboats, fish decorations or if you are daring, use real tropical fish.
- Mix your candle arrangements up using tealights or votives on top of sand and shells at the bottom of the vase.
- Used colored sand such as blue and tan, then layering the sand in the vase creating a beach effect, then put a tealight or votive on top.
- For additional beach inspiration, spread sea shells around your candle centerpieces or use petals from your tropical flowers.
- Decorate the vase with beach themed stickers, crystals in the shape of shells, starfish, tropical flowers or a combination.
- Give your guests a keepsake using candle favors at each place setting coordinating with the beach theme and adding to the beach candle centerpieces.
With some imagination and creativity, you can have the perfect wedding table centerpiece for your beach style wedding reception incorporating the elements of the beach into any style of candle.
Have you thought ditching the flower centerpiece on your wedding reception tables and going for a distinctive look and still have that elegant appeal, then candles as a stunning arrangement on those tables maybe the answer. With some thought and creativity, your party tables can be inspiring with beautiful and elegant candle centerpieces for the wedding reception. Candles are perfect for wedding centerpieces and decor because they’re soft, romantic and gorgeous, but inexpensive as wedding centerpieces.
With most venues, candles are only allowed to be used when in a container and the flame of the candle is below the top of the container. So when planning the candle centerpieces, ensure the candles are placed in a vase. There are a variety of styled and design vases for candles to choose from, hurricane vases, cylinder vases, tulip shaped, bubble bowls, goblets, rectangle or square and even ones personalized with an initial. Depending on your wedding style and the look is your choice.
Whether you go with pillar candles, floating, votive or tealight candles, make sure the burn time is long enough for your event, and that the candle burns properly. Many candles can burn 6-10 hours lasting long enough to give your tables that stunning glow throughout your wedding reception.
Simple to execute, using candles will give your event a visually captivating look giving your tables and banquet hall a powerful dramatic display of arrangements, transforming an ordinary reception table into and array elegance.
Decorating your wedding reception with candles can be a simple DYI, or if your limited on time, ask your florist or a business who provides wedding rental services if they can provide the style and design you are looking for, coordinating with your decor and wedding theme.