Archive for the ‘WEDDING IDEAS’ Category
This white glass wedding card box can be a perfect fit into just about any style wedding capturing all of the guests best wishes and gift cards for the bride and groom. The elegance of white sets up as an ideal backdrop on an entrance table of the wedding reception which can also be used as an alternative to guest book with each guest signing their names and best wishes to the bride and groom. Using a dark colored marker allows the signatures to be visible against the background of the Wedding Card Boxes. The wedding box is accented on the base with a choice of real wood molding which comes in a choice of Walnut, Cherry, Black, Gold, Silver or White, and as a finishing touch, add laser etched personalization making it a forever memorable keepsake.
Whether your having a small wedding with guests of 75 – 100, or 200-250, the elegant white glass personalized wedding card box has a size to accommodate your guest list.
With the gold accented wood molding on the base, this card box is perfect for the happy couple celebrating a 50th anniversary.
If your planning a 25th anniversary, the personalized glass card box with the silver molded accenting base will blend perfectly for the occasion.
Don’t let your guests get too hot during your wedding ceremony, give each a personalized white folding fan to not only help keep them cool during your event, but also adds that slight touch of elegance every bride is looking for. Add your personalized names and date on these fan favors in a choice of colors and font of your special day or event as a gesture of Thanks for attending. The white folding fan can be used as decorative place card holders awaiting for each guest to enjoy as wedding favors. Whether your having a garden wedding, wedding on the beach, summer party, or an inside event, these Personalized Favors will be perfect for the occasion.
Every bride has a wedding budget and a dream wedding but often many areas of the planning are overlooked for cost savings. With the proper tools and planning ideas, brides can still have an extraordinary wedding that won’t break the bank. Below are ideas to help with saving in areas of the ceremony and reception.
Have your wedding out of season
Venues always tried to keep their hall booked during the weekends, even when it’s not wedding season. During the fall and winter months, venues will discount their rooms.
Venue members, VFW, union halls, community centers
If you know anyone who is a member of any organizations such as VFW, Moose lodge, unions or live in a community with that may have a center which has a banquet hall. Typically the member can use their halls for a very reasonable cost.
You may not have a guest list of 200+, but planning a destination wedding will save a considerable amount of cost. Plan a wedding in Hawaii or Mexico and blend your wedding with your honeymoon.
Have your wedding at your family or friends house which has scenic yard scape
Save on a venue and have your wedding and reception at a family or friends yard. A bonus would be if they have a nicely landscape yard giving your venue natures décor, or a nice pole barn for an inside area.
Use your mom’s or grandmothers wedding dress and or jewelry, make your own hair clips or add your own sparkling rhinestones on the dress.
Keep The Wedding Party Small
Instead of having a large wedding party , reduce the number of bridesmaids and groomsmen. When you include the bouquets, boutonnieres, dinners, gifts and even attire if you’re helping with the cost. Take away the flower girl and ring bearer and include alternate ideas such as using the best man and maid of honor.
Trim the Guest List
You may have good intentions of inviting everyone to your wedding but you will save on your budget by reducing your guest list. The cost of each guest can cost $25.00 – $50.00, so the savings can add up fast.
Cut the alcohol
Your younger guest may not like your decision, but including alcohol with wedding can add upwards into the thousands. If alcohol is a must, don’t choose top shelf liquors, instead, include mid or lower shelf choices.
Bring in your own bar
Ask the venue if you can provide your own alcohol and choose just a few types of liquors and 1 type of beer in a keg.
Cut the champagne
Bubbly is always a choice for the traditional toast to the bride and groom. Provide sparkling juice in the bottle that looks like a champagne bottle. Guests who don’t drink alcoholic beverages will enjoy this.
Have a cocktail and appetizer only wedding reception
Have a small reception celebration for 2-3 hours of cocktails and hors d’oeuvres only. Include appetizers like platters of meats and cheeses, breads and veggie trays with dipping’s, fruits or other appetizing finger foods.
Overlooked Wedding Decorations
Don’t over decorate; many venues may have the perfect touch for your wedding decorations that will allow you to use limited decorations
Choose flowers that are in season, flowers are expensive especially if you want flowers that are out of season. Don’t skimp on the bride’s bouquet but have a toss bouquet with fewer flowers than the brides. With the bridesmaids, use more filler flowers like hydrangea’s, then add a few smaller flowers of the same type as the bridal bouquet. Forget the large floral centerpiece on your tables and either scale down on the quantity of flowers, use candles and look at rental centerpieces.
Shop around for catering
Many venues provide their own catering but ask if you can use your own and shop around for the best plate per person cost or utilize family of friends to help with the cooking.
Tone down the wedding cake
Wedding cakes can cost upwards into the thousands, tone down the design, instead of fondant use cream cheese of buttercream frosting. Cupcakes are very popular in place of cakes; opt to have a small cake for the bride and groom, then cupcakes for the guests. Keep with one flavor, multiple flavors add to the costs.
Plan way in advance
Give yourself plenty of time in planning your wedding, create a checklist of each areas of your wedding and put a cost you’d spend on each, this will help set your total wedding budget. It’s OK to move the costs you have planned around to different areas but keep within your budget.
When your inspired by the beach and want a beach wedding but are unable to have the real thing, bring the beach to you with these unique, fun and cost saving beach wedding ideas. Whether you live on the beach or dreaming of a beach wedding when you’re miles away, these creative ideas can be blended into your theme outside, or inside wedding receptions.
- Make or bring in a nice sand box and fill it with all the beach essentials such buckets and scoops, sea shells, toy sea turtles, star fish and such, works as a decoration or prop and the children will love it.
- If you’re having a outside wedding reception, create a dance floor from sand for the feel of dancing on the beach.
- Tiki torches can light the way outside to your destination, add up the walkway, around the dance area and areas to provide light when the sun goes down. The tiki’s will provide adequate light with a glow of ambiance along with adding décor to your beach style wedding.
- Rent or purchase artificial or fake palm trees to be placed either inside the reception hall or use for outside wedding décor.
- If you’re stuck with what to provide for food, a roasted pig is the perfect solution. Have a family member, friend or ask if a caterer can provide a whole roasted pig for the wedding celebration, it will surely disappear quickly.
- Add some fun into your event and provide guests with a grass hula skirt, then play some Hawaiian music while encouraging them to dance the hula. Everyone will join in on the fun. Along with the skirt, give each a flower lei.
- Instead of a formal wedding reception, have the wedding party and guests dress in their beach or summer wear.
- Fill vases and alternate the sand with the colors of your wedding and use as your table centerpiece. Add shells, starfish, and a candle to blend into your beach theme.
- Give your tables a famous name of a beach for guest seating and provide a seating chart at the entrance.
- Use tropical fruit on the food tables as part of the decorations and provide cut up fruit for eating. If you want to get creative, cut up the fruit in shapes of the sea.
- Make or purchase hand fans for the summer heat in shapes of shells or starfish and share with guests top keep cool during the wedding ceremony and reception.
- Blow up several beach balls and spread around the area.
- String up some seas shells and create a backdrop for photo shoots.
Have your wedding guests slip away to the beach with memories of your beach theme wedding reception. Use floating candles as your table centerpieces and decorate each with a scene from a tropical getaway.
With some creativity, your tables can be inspiring with beautiful and elegant beach designed candle centerpieces for the wedding reception.
Using several clear vases of different heights, arranged together will create a stunning centerpiece. Floating candles give a fresh and calming ambiance to any beach style wedding reception table.
- Add elements of a beach and or artificial tropical flowers suspended in the water beneath the floating candle.
- Use dark blue colored marbles glass beads or rocks with a hint of blue water with a floating candle to give the contrast of the beach or sea.
- Other beach related items to include inside the candle vases are coral, starfish, small sailboats, fish decorations or if you are daring, use real tropical fish.
- Mix your candle arrangements up using tealights or votives on top of sand and shells at the bottom of the vase.
- Used colored sand such as blue and tan, then layering the sand in the vase creating a beach effect, then put a tealight or votive on top.
- For additional beach inspiration, spread sea shells around your candle centerpieces or use petals from your tropical flowers.
- Decorate the vase with beach themed stickers, crystals in the shape of shells, starfish, tropical flowers or a combination.
- Give your guests a keepsake using candle favors at each place setting coordinating with the beach theme and adding to the beach candle centerpieces.
With some imagination and creativity, you can have the perfect wedding table centerpiece for your beach style wedding reception incorporating the elements of the beach into any style of candle.
Have you thought ditching the flower centerpiece on your wedding reception tables and going for a distinctive look and still have that elegant appeal, then candles as a stunning arrangement on those tables maybe the answer. With some thought and creativity, your party tables can be inspiring with beautiful and elegant candle centerpieces for the wedding reception. Candles are perfect for wedding centerpieces and decor because they’re soft, romantic and gorgeous, but inexpensive as wedding centerpieces.
With most venues, candles are only allowed to be used when in a container and the flame of the candle is below the top of the container. So when planning the candle centerpieces, ensure the candles are placed in a vase. There are a variety of styled and design vases for candles to choose from, hurricane vases, cylinder vases, tulip shaped, bubble bowls, goblets, rectangle or square and even ones personalized with an initial. Depending on your wedding style and the look is your choice.
Whether you go with pillar candles, floating, votive or tealight candles, make sure the burn time is long enough for your event, and that the candle burns properly. Many candles can burn 6-10 hours lasting long enough to give your tables that stunning glow throughout your wedding reception.
Simple to execute, using candles will give your event a visually captivating look giving your tables and banquet hall a powerful dramatic display of arrangements, transforming an ordinary reception table into and array elegance.
Decorating your wedding reception with candles can be a simple DYI, or if your limited on time, ask your florist or a business who provides wedding rental services if they can provide the style and design you are looking for, coordinating with your decor and wedding theme.
You can create a distinguishing flower bouquet by adding just a touch of bling that will make each colorful bud in the arrangement pop with dazzling sparkle. Go beyond the ordinary, bling your bridal bouquet and add some glitz and glamour using bridal bouquet jewelry that will give your bouquet a personal touch. With a variety of jewelry decorations available, the excitement can be overwhelming trying to decide how much bling to apply withour overwelming the bride and her bouquet. Personalize with an initial in the flower arrangement or on the handle, or if your desires are to have each flower center sparkle with envy, insert a crystal pave button inside each flower center and see the glamorous effect in your bouquet.
Give the grooms and groomsmen boutonnieres alittle dazzling pizzaz and insert a crystal jewelry pick inside each flower head or surround the flower for an elegant touch.
Crystal bouquet jewelry can also be used in the table centerpiece either at home or the flower centerpieces displayed on the tables at the wedding reception adding definition and bringing out a timeless sparkle.
Bridal bouquet jewelry have become popular with adding bling into bouquets creating a glamorous look and appeal for the brides walk down the alter and throughout her wedding day. Rhinestones, crystals and pearls all come in a variety of shapes and styles, monogrammed letters, flower stem wraps adorned with bling for a stylish look.