Posts Tagged ‘beach decorations’
When your inspired by the beach and want a beach wedding but are unable to have the real thing, bring the beach to you with these unique, fun and cost saving beach wedding ideas. Whether you live on the beach or dreaming of a beach wedding when you’re miles away, these creative ideas can be blended into your theme outside, or inside wedding receptions.
- Make or bring in a nice sand box and fill it with all the beach essentials such buckets and scoops, sea shells, toy sea turtles, star fish and such, works as a decoration or prop and the children will love it.
- If you’re having a outside wedding reception, create a dance floor from sand for the feel of dancing on the beach.
- Tiki torches can light the way outside to your destination, add up the walkway, around the dance area and areas to provide light when the sun goes down. The tiki’s will provide adequate light with a glow of ambiance along with adding décor to your beach style wedding.
- Rent or purchase artificial or fake palm trees to be placed either inside the reception hall or use for outside wedding décor.
- If you’re stuck with what to provide for food, a roasted pig is the perfect solution. Have a family member, friend or ask if a caterer can provide a whole roasted pig for the wedding celebration, it will surely disappear quickly.
- Add some fun into your event and provide guests with a grass hula skirt, then play some Hawaiian music while encouraging them to dance the hula. Everyone will join in on the fun. Along with the skirt, give each a flower lei.
- Instead of a formal wedding reception, have the wedding party and guests dress in their beach or summer wear.
- Fill vases and alternate the sand with the colors of your wedding and use as your table centerpiece. Add shells, starfish, and a candle to blend into your beach theme.
- Give your tables a famous name of a beach for guest seating and provide a seating chart at the entrance.
- Use tropical fruit on the food tables as part of the decorations and provide cut up fruit for eating. If you want to get creative, cut up the fruit in shapes of the sea.
- Make or purchase hand fans for the summer heat in shapes of shells or starfish and share with guests top keep cool during the wedding ceremony and reception.
- Blow up several beach balls and spread around the area.
- String up some seas shells and create a backdrop for photo shoots.